Check out Liebster Blog Award Nomination #1!
Liebster Blog Award Nomination from Fujoshika.
1. What is your biggest fear?
For a time believe it or not my biggest fear was that I would never find a purpose in life or that I would never find something that could complete me but recently I came across a surprise that has changed this. All thanks to anime.
The thing is no one really knows much about this but I suffer from deep depression and high levels of anxiety. It’s terrible enough that I often get uncontrollable negative thoughts that can in fact make me suicidal. This is quite common for those who suffer from depression. Simply because anxiety and depression feed off each other in a vicious cycle. Thankfully being depressed and anxious has never allowed me to do anything horrible to myself or worse since I am strong enough to quiet the negativity. A negativity that stems from a dissatisfaction with life in general.
Music helps. Anime and manga helps. Reading helps. What I do notice is talking to other people unlike what many people tell you is not actually helpful because people never really understand where you are coming from which only hurts more. Their way of thinking about depression is often shallow or stereotypical. I mean if you are depressed you’re emo as in emotional, right? Not that there is anything wrong with being emotional. That is stupid because I know for a fact many of the people who have known me in passing, I bet, many never even thought I could possibly be depressed or that anything was wrong.
2. If you could spend the rest of your life doing one thing, what would it be?
Reading books and gardening. I enjoy getting outside and gardening. I once tried to grow gladiolus and they were beautiful until my cousin came over and stomped on them. Since then I have not tried. Though I would love to try again. It was fun.
3. What anime/manga would you always watch/read?
4. What got you into anime?
It was around 2005-2006. I was watching Toonami which is where most of us anime fans in the USA watch our anime and I came across Spirited Away on TV. During 2005-2006 Hayao Miyazaki’s Spirited Away was being heavily promoted and I happened to later tune in on the movie. It was the best decision I made! I remember being so happy by how visually and content rich Spirited Away was that I cried. And if you know me I mostly only ever cry when I am incredibly happy or find something beautiful. I am not sure why I do this? I think it may be because I am so overcome with emotion like when I watch Titanic or listen to TK from Ling Tosite Sigure‘s music.
5. How did you react to your first yaoi manga/anime?
I was pretty excited. I remember being open about it and thrilled about the discovery of the genre. Go Yaoi! Though weirdly enough I cannot recall the title of my first Yaoi manga or anime. I have terrible memory I know.
6. Which genre do you like the most in anime?
Mecha, Science Fiction, and Slice of Life.
7. What is your favorite color?
Green. Then Blue.
8. What sort of antagonist do you find the most interesting?
The tortured ones. I don’t know it just fascinates me.
9. What is one thing you love about yourself?
Whah!? I am not really sure. I can’t think of anything.
10. If you could redo one moment in your life, what would that be?
A lot. Not sure what actually.
11. Do you think you will ever outgrow anime/manga?
No. It is something that I have too much of an emotional investment in even if right now I am sort of not reading or watching anything.
Blogs I Nominate
1. Never Argue with a Fish | I have only been following Never Argue with a Fish for a while but I think many of the reviews on the blog are knowledgeable. All well-written despite being longer than most reads but hey I would much rather a great review that is long than a fluff one.
2. Asian Addicts Anonymous | I have read two blog posts on the evils of copying another blogger’s work and I thought that was good advice on why this should never be allowed. Don’t copy other people’s work even if we are on the Internet. Give credit where it is due. Better yet write original work.
3. Pon De Way Way Way | Given my recent TK from Ling Tosite Sigure and Ling Tosite Sigure craze I stopped by the blog and heavily enjoyed a review of Ling Tosite Sigure: Ling Tosite Sigure: i’mperfect – Album Review
4. Let’s Talk Anime | Fellow blogger on anime!
5. Kim’s Pensieve | Me and Kim know each other from my stressful book blogging days.
11 Random Facts about me
- I am 20 years old.
- I can read for more than 4 hours in a day without stopping at times.
- I enjoy taking selfie photos of myself.
- I am too much of a realist for my own good.
- I tend to talk aloud when I am excited. I know. Weird.
- I love coffee and tea equally.
- Reading, watching, or listening to stuff that is depressing keeps me calm.
- I hate loud noise or too much chatter.
- I hate crowds of people.
- I enjoy reading philosophy and psychology books from philosophers and such well-known figures like Sigmund Freud. While disturbing for some. His insights in The Interpretation of Dreams has much basis. Can’t wait to read Civilization and Its Discontents.
- I love drinking beer.
- Pop Culture: The Avengers movies, The Walking Dead TV series, Bates Motel TV series, The Strain TV series, How I Met Your Mother TV series, Friends TV series, and comics are my life. I love this stuff. In other words, I am a Pop Culture nerd.
Blog Award Rules
- Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog
- Display the award on your blog (like under the widget options)
- Answer the 11 questions given to you by your nominator
- Post 11 random facts about yourself
- Nominate 5 – 11 other bloggers that you feel deserve the award (who have less than 200 followers)
- Create 11 new questions for your nominees
- Contact your nominees and inform them you have nominated them for the award!
My Created Questions
- What is your blog’s direction?
- What country are you from?
- Favorite genre in anime and why?
- What do you hate?
- What are the things that make you glad to be alive?
- How far do you and anime go?
- How far do you and manga go?
- Have you read any light novels?
- What are your thoughts on the rise of the light novel trend?
- What are your plans for the next months ahead on your blog?
- Latest anime or leisure activity you are immersed in?